This is the membership intended for current students in higher education, whose College is not a College Member of the AOI.
Student Membership benefits include:
- Exclusive Access to Members-Only Sections of the website which include the extensive Pricing Survey to help research what illustration fees are being achieved, submission forms, documents, interviews, articles, industry insights and the AOI Members Community.
- Dedicated Support via email and phone, Monday-Friday 10am-4pm for tailored advice on pricing, ethics, contracts and professional practice.
- Free Subscription to Varoom Magazine (usually £24) for the length of your Membership. Varoom – the illustration report, is a unique large format publication commenting and discussing the contemporary illustrated image in depth, and features interviews with illustrators, image-makers and designers as well as featuring critical articles on different aspects of contemporary illustration by leading commentators.
- Portfolio Consultancy – exclusively available for members at £25. One hour with Fig Taylor, to discuss how best to prepare your portfolio to suit your desired market, or if you are considering changing direction from your current style.
- Free one hour consultation with a registered Chartered Accountant to advise you on keeping accounts, tax and National Insurance, VAT and invoicing.
- Discounted rates on all AOI Publications and Events
- Discounts on artists' materials from selected suppliers across the UK.
- Promotion of news, commissions, exhibitions and projects through the AOI Social Media channels.
- 10% discount on Bikini Lists, giving AOI members access to the most accurate, up-to-date database of Creative Buyers in the World.
Annual Student Membership Fee - £76
Payment can be made by a one-off payment of £76 or in 12 monthly instalments of £6.34. Please contact [email protected] for a Direct Debit form.
A copy of your valid Student ID will be required to verify your discount.